It’s been many years since granny flats became a popular choice for older people in Australia. But now, they are considered as a multifunctional space anyone could use. Nowadays, granny flats Sydney properties have are serving various purposes, like as guest houses, personal home offices, and as workshops among other functions.
This makes granny flats perfect for the entire family and their visitors, depending on how they are built on the property.
What benefits could a granny flat provide to a family in Sydney?
Sydney flats granny style are known to provide great benefits for different families in the city, like:
· A granny flat is a functional space you can use for different purposes. As stated above, it could serve a particular purpose depending on how you have it built.
· Because of a granny flat being a simple extension of your main house, you can easily keep an eye on it. That’s a lot more convenient than monitoring a different property from a distance.
· It could easily fit in your property without making your entire place tight. Many granny flats only have around 60 sqm of floor area, thus they could conveniently fit on your yard.
· A granny flat is convenient to build as well. In fact, its construction process usually lasts only for 8 to 12 weeks to be complete.
· It could also be a good investment for you, especially when you plan to sell your property later on. Just be sure to have quality granny flats in Sydney so you can have a valuable asset on your yard.
How to have a granny flat on your Sydney property
For you to have one of the best granny flats Sydney could offer, here are a few tips you should take note.
· Be sure that your yard has enough space for a granny flat and consider everything located on your property, like your pool, trees, plants, and your main home. Of course, determine the size of the granny flat and which area you want to build it.
· Since you’re in Sydney, know about the regulations set by the NSW government on building a granny flat. These include the minimum property size and the required distance of the flat from trees and other structures.
· Find a reliable contractor in Sydney that you can trust, like VanHomes. This is for you to ensure high-quality results, despite granny flats being naturally simple.
· Consider the design and style that your contractor offers. However, feel free to let them know about your needs and preferences too.
· Consider the cost of granny flats Sydney contractors build. As a rule of thumb, remember that simple designs mean affordable cost. Moreover, you can inquire with your contractors about granny flat kits to further pull down the price.
As you can see, a functional granny flat is a great addition to your property. And, it’s convenient for you to have one, especially if you hire reliable contractors to help you build it.
Just find granny flats Sydney contractors you can trust, so you can reap the big benefits this building can bring. Visit VanHomes.com.au today!